Below is a list of the books I read in order during 2019!
Below I will review my favorite books.
- 100 Days by Annie F. Downs
- If You Only Knew: My Unlikely, Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free by Jamie Ivey
- Switch on Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health by Caroline Leaf
- The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work and Team with Positive Energy by Jon Gordon
- Unglued- Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions by Lysa Terkeurst
- Changing Normal: How I Helped My Husband Beat Cancer by Marilu Henner
- You Can Too: How an Aflac Rookie Built the Business in a Year by Jonny Burgess
Northern Lights: One Woman, Two Teams, and the Football Field That Changed Their Lives by Cathy Parker
How I raised myself from failure to success in selling by Frank Betcher
You Win in the Locker Room First: The 7 C’s to Build a Winning Team in Business, Sports, and Life by Jon Gordon and Mike Smith
Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less by Tiffany Dufu
Hooked: The Brain Science on How Casual Sex Affects Human Development by Freda McKissic Bush and Joe McIlhaney
“At Least You’ll Be Married to a Doctor” by Jordyn Paradis Hagar
The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi: My Journey Into the Heart of Scriptural Faith and the Land Where It All Began by Kathie Lee Gifford
Let Food Be Your Medicine: Dietary Changes Proven to Prevent or Reverse Disease by Don Colbert
Born to Wander: Recovering the Value of Our Pilgrim Identity by Michelle Van Loon
The Red Bandanna by Tom Rinaldi
When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
The most influential books of 2019 were: Switch on Your Brain, Changing Normal and Let Food be Your Medicine. These books really opened my mind and helped me pivot my choices to be a better and healthier human.
Tear jerkers- The Red Bandanna and When Breath Becomes Air are both real stories that WILL MAKE YOU CRY!!! Like real tears falling from your face! So worth the read.
Elevate leadership- The Energy Bus, How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Sales and You Win in the Locker Room First! Great books to make leadership fun.
Reading 19 books in one year was hard for me. Like really hard. I am NOT a reader. I use to HATE reading. But I grew up knowing that leaders are readers and I always dreamed of being a strong leader. At the start of 2019 I felt like 19 books would be reasonable. I started reading but when I fell behind I knew I needed to do something to encourage me. I decided to start a book club where book lovers could join and encourage each other to read! This group was a great encouragement to keep me reading.
Keep your head up high and your words filled with love!
<3 Colleen Howard